Join Stoel Rives partners Michael Campbell
and Michael O'Connell
(program co-chair) at this one day workshop on New Developments for Clean Water and Stormwater in Seattle, Washington.
Why You Should Attend
Stormwater continues to be a significant source of concern to the health of Puget Sound and the object of ever increasing regulation. The Washington Department of Ecology has issued a new Industrial Stormwater General Permit and the EPA has issued a Clean Water Act Enforcement Action plan. There is a clear direction toward treatment and compliance with numeric standards. Compliance will be a significant challenge to many businesses and there will be particular challenges for industrial, municipal, and construction stormwater dischargers. Facilities are also under increasing scrutiny from citizen suit litigation.
We have assembled experienced representatives of state, federal and local governments, consultants and practitioners who will provide practical suggestions and insights on managing compliance and other important Clean Water Act issues.
~ Michael P. O'Connell, Esq. and Jeff B. Kray, Esq., Program Co-Chairs
What You Will Learn
- The new Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISGP)
- Avoiding enforcement liability
- Compliance strategies for the new ISGP
- Stormwater treatment techniques and additional treatment costs
- NEPA requirements for EPA's new CGP
- Calculating Oregon's fish consumption rate to determine water quality standards
- The federal perspective on enforcement
- Plaintiff and defendant perspective's Clean Water Act citizen suits
This workshop is sponsored by Law Seminars International. For more information and registration visit http://www.lawseminars.com/detail.php?SeminarCode=10CLWA