Craig Hale advises clients on tax, corporate, and business and wealth succession planning, including start-up company formation and planning, federal, state and local taxation issues, closely-held business transactions, and other general business and tax matters. He regularly acts as outside general counsel for companies of all sizes, employing his broad international legal experience to a variety of issues that companies encounter on a daily basis. He also advises nonprofit corporations in corporate and tax compliance matters, as well as individuals in sophisticated wealth transfer and estate planning, charitable giving and probate matters.
Craig served as President (2008 to 2010) and General Counsel (2005-2008) of Xango, an international nutraceutical company headquartered in Utah and doing business in 36 countries around the globe. Craig was a partner with Stoel Rives LLP, Salt Lake City, Utah (1998-2005); and an associate at Van Cott, Bagley, Cornwall & McCarthy, Salt Lake City, Utah (1994-98). He was a law clerk for the Honorable Andrew J. Kleinfeld in Fairbanks, Alaska (1993-94).
Professional Honors & Activities
- Past president and board member, Rape Recovery Center.
- Past president and board member, Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake.
- Former Judge Pro Tempore, Third Judicial Circuit Court.
- Past member, Board of Directors, University of Utah Business Alumni Association.
- Member, Utah State Bar.
- Member, Utah State Bar, Estate Planning Section.
- Member, Utah State Bar Tax Section.
- J.D., The University of Utah College of Law, 1993
Articles Editor, Utah Law Review (1992-93)
Clyde Fellow 1990-1993
- B.A. magna cum laude, The University of Utah, 1990
Print to Word