Stephanie Meier is an associate in the Corporate group and focuses her practice in the area of food and beverage law. She advises alcohol beverage industry clients in all aspects of state and federal licensing and permitting, post-licensing regulatory compliance, local and national marketing promotions (including state and federal regulatory limitations and alternative structures), state and federal label and packaging compliance, state and federal tax issues (including TTB audits), contracts (including alternating proprietorships and leases), and distribution issues. She also has experience with corporate issues related to alcohol beverage industry clients and conducting trademark searches and advising clients regarding clearance.
Before joining Stoel Rives, Stephanie was an associate (2009), a law clerk (2008-2009) and a paralegal (2004-2008) at Graham & Dunn PC; a legal assistant at the Law Office of Timothy J. Knowling (2002-2004); and a paralegal at the Law Office of R. Corbin Houchins (1999-2002).
- Managed multi-state licensing portfolio for international golf course management company.
- Conducted multi-state clearance of marketing promotions for national brewery.
- Managed licensing and permitting for one of Washington's first winery alternating proprietorships.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- "Wine Distribution and Direct Shipment," Stoel Rives Washington Wine Law Seminar, Woodinville, Washington, Mar. 2013
- "Sampling: Tasting Rooms, Retail Shops and Special Events," Stoel Rives Washington Wine, Beer and Distillers Law Seminar, Woodinville, Washington, Mar. 2012
- Board member, Pink Boots Society, 2012-2014
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2008, cum laude
- Seattle University School of Teaching English as a Second Language, TESL Certificate, 2000
- Whitman College, B.A., History-Religion, 1998
- IES Freiburg/Universität, Freiburg, Germany, German Studies, 1997
Print to Word