Rita V. Latsinova
Rita Latsinova is a partner of the firm practicing in the Litigation group. Her experience includes complex financial, accounting and banking issues, class actions, international law, international arbitration and general appellate matters.
- Roshandel v. Chertoff – Represented a class of over 400 lawful permanent residents living in the Western District of Washington seeking timely adjudication of naturalization applications under the Immigration and Naturalization Act and the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Barahona v. T-Mobile USA, Inc.; Cardoza v. T-Mobile USA, Inc. – Defense of telecommunications carrier in purported class actions by California customers.
- Scammell v. Farmers Ins. Co.; Bjorkquist v. Farmers Ins.; Taylor v. Farmers Ins. – Defense of the insurer in class actions involving Washington's Underinsured Motorist Statute.
- Panag v. Farmers Ins. Co. – Defense of insurer in a class action alleging violation of Washington's Consumer Protection Act.
- Jane Doe v. United States – Represented the plaintiff in challenging the constitutionality of the government.
- The ARC of Washington State, Inc. et al v. DSHS; Townsend v. DSHS - Appointed Special Assistant Attorney General to defend Washington's Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) in two class actions challenging the scope and delivery of certain Medicaid services under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Carson v. Clarent Corporation - Defense of an outside director in a class action alleging securities violations.
- Qwest Communications v. City of Berkeley - Represented Qwest in challenging local regulations under the Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Smith v. Behr Corp. - Defense of a paint manufacturer in a products liability class action.
- MEI v. Coopers & Lybrand - Defense of an accounting firm in a case alleging malpractice and breach of contract in connection with a failed initial public offering.
- Oregon Steel Mills v. Coopers & Lybrand - Defense of an accounting firm in a case alleging malpractice and breach of contract in connection with a delayed secondary public offering.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Listed in Washington Super Lawyers®, 2004-2009
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Appellate Section, King County Bar Association
- Member, International Section, American Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Foundation Diversity Coalition
- Examiner, Washington State Bar Association
- Disciplinary hearing officer, Washington State Bar Association
- Cooperating attorney, Northwest Women's Law Center, American Civil Liberties Union, Northwest Immigrant Rights Center
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 1994, cum laude
Editor, Seattle University Law Review
- Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages, Russia B.A., 1982, cum laude
Print to Word
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Ninth, and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington