John J. Halle
John Halle is a retired partner of the firm whose corporate transactions practice included public and private financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters.
- Advised as issuer's or underwriters' counsel on more than 150 public equity offerings.
- Advised an electrical utility on secured debt financing and other matters.
- Advised companies and investors with respect to start-up, venture capital and other private equity funding.
- Represented buyers and sellers in public and private company merger and acquisition transactions ranging in size from less than $1,000,000 to hundreds of millions.
- Represented domestic companies with respect to international expansion and foreign companies with respect to domestic investment.
- Advised both public and private companies on corporate governance matters.
- Acted as principal outside counsel to public and private companies.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2012
- Judge, International Moot Court, Regional and International Rounds
- Mentor, law student mentoring program
- Going Public (coauthor) (5th edition, 1997)
- Foreign Issuers Going Public in the United States (1st edition, 1995)
- "Integration of Securities Offerings: Report of the Task Force on Integration" (coauthor), 41 Bus. Law 595 (1986)
- "Public Financing" (coauthor), 1 Advising Oregon Businesses § 16 (Oregon CLE 1984 rev)
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 1978, cum laude
Articles Editor, Suffolk Transnational Law Review
- Tufts University, M.A., 1974
- University of Oregon, B.A., 1969, with honors
- International School, Geneva, Switzerland
- Le Rosey, Rolle, Switzerland
Print to Word
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon