Gregory R. Mowe
Greg Mowe is a partner of the firm concentrating his practice in real estate and business litigation. He is past chair of the firm's litigation department. In recent years he has represented a number of Oregon businesses and governmental bodies, including TriMet, Port of Portland, Portland Development Commission, PacifiCorp and NW Natural in eminent domain and other litigation.
Greg was a U.S. Army officer in Vietnam (1969-1971), for which he was awarded a Bronze Star Service Medal.
- Tri-Met: Trial counsel for acquisition of right-of-way for Westside Light Rail Project, North Interstate MAX Project, Westside Commuter Rail Project and South Corridor Project. Multiple court and jury trials on possession rights and valuation.
- Port of Portland: Primary condemnation counsel for acquisition of West Hayden Island.
- PacifiCorp: Trial counsel in defense of PUD and municipal condemnations of electrical generation and distribution facilities in Hermiston, Halsey and Roseburg, Oregon and Alturas, California.
- Riverdale School District: Trial counsel in cases challenging siting of high school and expenditure of bond proceeds.
- NW Natural: Primary condemnation counsel for 62-mile South Mist Pipeline Extension project.
- Juniper Utility Company: Trial counsel in defense of utility condemnation by City of Bend.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Selected by Best Lawyers® as Portland Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (currently: Commercial Litigation, Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law, Litigation-Real Estate), 2003-2013
- Selected as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (Oregon) by Chambers USA (currently: Litigation: General Commercial), 2005-2013
- Listed in Oregon Super Lawyers® (Real Estate), 2009
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Recipient, Oregon State Bar President's Public Service Award, 1995
- Member, Editorial Board, Litigation Journal, Oregon State Bar
- Former Member, Oregon Law Commission
- Past Chair, Litigation Section, Oregon State Bar
- Past Chair, Oregon State Bar Procedure and Practice Committee
- ABA Litigation Section Committee on Condemnation, Zoning and Land Use
- Chair, Oregon Law Commission Eminent Domain statutory revision work group, 2002-2004
- "Riparian and Other Water Rights," Eminent Domain: Current Developments in Condemnation, Valuation & Challenges, May 2011
- Author, current chapters in Oregon State Bar publications on evidence and real estate disputes
- Co-Chair, Oregon Eminent Domain CLE programs in 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005-2006, 2008-2010
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1974, magna cum laude
- University of Oregon, M.A. with honors, 1969
- University of Oregon, B.A., 1968
Phi Beta Kappa
Print to Word
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit