Ervin Holmes is a partner of the firm representing clients in matters of real property law and related business transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions of real property, leasing, options, tax-deferred exchanges, partnerships and joint ventures, project development and financing, business acquisitions, real property foreclosures and workouts. He has a broad range of experience in real estate transactions involving office buildings, shopping centers, convenience stores, mining properties, ranches and agricultural properties, manufacturing and warehouse properties, recreational properties, condominium projects and apartment complexes.
- Represented manufacturing clients in the leasing of large scale manufacturing and warehouse properties.
- Represented a major building materials and concrete supplier in numerous real property and business acquisitions, including mining properties, manufacturing and warehouse facilities, office properties and retail locations.
- Represented convenience store clients in the acquisition and development of convenience stores and locations.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and resale of one of Utah's largest ranch properties.
- Represented clients in the expansion, development, leasing and sale of shopping center.
- Represented clients in foreclosures/workouts on commercial and industrial properties, residential developments and condominium projects.
- Represented clients in acquisitions and sales of office buildings.
- Represented clients in acquisitions and sales of hotels and apartment complexes.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Selected as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (Utah) by Chambers USA (currently: Real Estate), 2005-2012
- Member, Utah State Real Estate Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board, 1997-2002
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (currently: Real Estate Law), 2005-2013
- Listed in the 2012 Utah Business "Legal Elite"
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated with Martindale-Hubbell®
- Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2007-2012
- Chair, Utah State Bar Real Property Section, 1996-1997
- Member, Utah State Bar Real Property Law Section
- Member, Utah State Bar Business Law Section
- Board Member, Utah Youth Symphony Orchestra, 2001-2004
- Member, Utah Micro Enterprise Loan Fund Credit Committee, 1995-1997
- Member, Salt Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Small Business Legislative Task Force, 1991-1994
- University of Utah College of Law, 1980
Senior Editor, Utah Law Review, 1980
- University of Utah College of Business, B.S., 1976, magna cum laude
Print to Word