Chris Hermann concentrates his practice in environmental and environmental insurance law. He regularly advises policyholders on environmental liability insurance coverage claims and strategies for accelerated access to the cash value of historic insurance policies through negotiated cash-out settlements on behalf of policyholders.
Chris frequently counsels clients on developing and persuading regulators to approve cost-effective cleanups, assists with complex regulatory compliance issues and permitting and represents industrial entities in enforcement actions. He also advises clients on environmental issues in bankruptcy proceedings and corporate and real estate transactions.
Chris frequently authors articles for and speaks at legal and business conferences on environmental cleanup and compliance issues, environmental liability insurance issues, and environmental issues in corporate and real estate transactions.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2012
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (currently: Environmental Law), 2007-2013
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Lewis & Clark Law School, Environmental Insurance Seminar
- Member, American Bar Association Natural Resources Law Section
- Member, Oregon State Bar Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- Member, Washington State Bar Environmental and Land Use Sections
- Member, Western Wood Preservers Institute
- Member, Oregon Public Ports Association
- Member, Oregon Winegrowers Association
- Member, Association Internationale des Juristes Du Droit de al Vigne et du Vin
- University of Oregon, J.D., 1981
Environmental and Natural Resources Certificate
- Managing editor, University of Oregon Law Review
Bowdoin College, B.A., 1976, summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Print to Word