Steven Klein is of counsel with the Technology & Intellectual Property practice group. His practice focuses on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation. He represents clients in state and federal courts, private arbitration, before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy proceedings. He has litigated trademark, trade dress, copyright, patent, licensing, cybersquatting, trade secret, and commercial contract disputes. He also counsels and assists clients with U.S. and international trademark prosecution and enforcement strategies, including policing against cybersquatters.
- Representation of multi-unit restaurant and family entertainment center chain in action for trademark infringement; secured jury verdict of willful infringement.
- Representation of innovative provider of Internet-delivered K-12 curriculum and assessment tools against claims of trademark infringement and unfair competition; obtained summary judgment on behalf of client.
- Representation of Nike, Inc. in high profile public records dispute with City of Beaverton.
- Representation of mobile device software company against claims of copyright infringement and breach of licensing agreement; resulted in arbitration award in favor of client.
- Representation of audio product manufacturer against trade dress and unfair competition claims.
- Representation of motion picture lens manufacturer against claims of patent infringement; secured judgment after bench trial finding patent in-suit invalid for plaintiff's inequitable conduct (affirmed in Frazier v. Roessel Cine Photo Tech, Inc., et al, 417 F.3d 1230 (Fed. Cir. 2005)).
- Representation of laboratory equipment manufacturer in action for trade dress infringement; obtained jury verdict of infringement.
- Representation of Internet services company in computer hacking and theft of trade secret dispute in which preliminary injunction and favorable settlement obtained for client, leading to favorable settlement.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 1997, with honors
Order of the Coif
- University of Rochester, B.A., 1991, cum laude, English and Political Science
Print to Word
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Federal Circuit